List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Error compiling kdemultimedia from CVS HEAD
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-09-30 15:11:15

Hello, Everyone :)
While attempting to compile "kdemultimedia" from CVS HEAD, I get the following
error:
assembling /home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdemultimedia/mpeglib/lib/mpegplay/mmxidct_asm.S
/bin/sh ./libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I/home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdemultimedia/mpeglib/lib/mpegplay -I.
-I/usr/local/kde-cvs/include -I/usr/local/qt-src/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
-DINTEL -ansi -W -Wall -Wchar-subscripts -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -g3
-fno-inline -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute
-o ./mpeglib/lib/mpegplay/mmxidct_asm.lo
-c /home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdemultimedia/mpeglib/lib/mpegplay//home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdemultimedia/mpeglib/lib/mpegplay/mmxidct_asm.S

gcc: /home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdemultimedia/mpeglib/lib/mpegplay//home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdemultimedia/mpeglib/lib/mpegplay/mmxidct_asm.S: \
 No such file or directory
gcc: no input files
Error creating ./mpeglib/lib/mpegplay/mmxidct_asm.lo. Exit status 1.
cd /home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdemultimedia
&& /bin/sh /home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdemultimedia/admin/missing --run
autoheader
rm -f ./stamp-h1
touch /home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdemultimedia/config.h.in
make: *** [all] Error 1

I have tried this over the last few days, even checking out fresh copies, all
to no avail.  I even try removing the line from "subdirs" (and resaving it as
"inst-apps") that is being compiled when "make" exits, but I just keep
getting errors like this one.  If you want, I can keep removing lines from
subdirs and post links to all the error messages, whatever you want me to
do :)
I am running Fedora Core 2, all official updates installed.
KDE is from CVS HEAD, and QT is the latest stable version, compiled from
TrollTech's official source tarball, with the configure options that are
given on kde.org.

Thank you for your help :)
Steven P. Ulrick