List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Configuration file not found in /usr/local
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-09-29 18:07:00

A user has installed KAlarm from a standalone package into /usr/local/kde (KDE
being installed into /opt). When he runs it, the kalarmui.rc file
in /usr/local/kde/share/apps/kalarm is not found by KAlarm. He has confirmed
that the file exists and has the correct contents. When I try it out on my
system after installing it into /usr/local/kde (and after removing
kalarmui.rc from the normal KDE directories, of course), the file is found
correctly, without changing anything such as KDEDIR or KDEDIRS environment
variables.

What are the possible reasons for the user's file not to be located by KAlarm?
How can I ensure that it is always found, no matter what the user's setup?

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author.