List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KConfigXT
From:       Stefan Vunckx <bonkie () skynet ! be>
Date:       2004-09-26 14:51:06

Im having trouble getting KConfigXT integrated.

Like many others I followed this tutorial:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/kconfigxt/kconfigxt.html

I created apg.kcfg (apg is application name) and settings.kcfgc with:

# kcfg
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE kcfg SYSTEM "http://www.kde.org/standard/kcfg/1.0/kcfg.dtd">
<kcfg>
	<kcfgfile name="apgrc" />
	<group name="Testgroup">
		<entry name="test" type="String">
			<label>test entry</label>
		</entry>
	</group>
</kcfg>

# kcfgc
File=apg.kcfg
ClassName=Settings
Singleton=true
Mutators=false

My makefile.am has "kde_kcfg_DATA = apg.kcfg" and settings.kcfgc included in
apg_SOURCES but the cpp or header file isn't generated. During configure
however kconfig_compiler is located so I don't understand why it isn't
working.

If i create the header/cpp files manually, and add them to my project sources,
it works, so I thought it had to be the Makefile.am entries but thats only
like 2 lines (and they're there) so I have no clue whats wrong.

Greets,
Stefan Vunckx