List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: why doesn't this code paint on screen like it should?
From:       Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann () eregion ! de>
Date:       2004-09-26 14:30:53

Am Sonntag, 26. September 2004 13:12 schrieb Enrico Ros:
> On Sunday 26 September 2004 10:44, Mathias Homann wrote:
> > i can't see why this code doesnt draw in my window...
> > of course it is compiled with DEBUG defined, i see the cout <<
> > happen in konsole.
>
> You'll see for sure black background.
> About the paint: maybe if your eye is so fast you should see
> something like a text appearing, but it's too fast to catch.
>
> 1) That's why: painting stuff must be done on the protected:
>  virtual void paintEvent ( QPaintEvent * )
> method. If you port your code inside that function and open the
> painter over the widget itself, then you'll see the text drawn.

this makes the kscreensaver template quite useless. it generates a
blank() method with the comment "put code to render your screensaver
here".
so i made my own member function, called it once from within blank(),
then connected my function with a timer. on the console i see that my
method is called at the appropriate intervals, but the window itself
stays black.

so, how am i supposed to do it?

bye,
	MH

--
Die unaufgeforderte Zusendung einer Werbemail an Privatleute verstößt
gegen  §1 UWG und 823 I BGB (Beschluß des LG Berlin vom 2.8.1998 Az:

gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184  C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD
763C