List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: moving windows outside destop boundaries
From:       Alex <amm2 () andrew ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2004-09-16 22:45:51

> That said, if you can't make the titlebar completely gone
> if you move a window by the titlebar, why is then a problem that KWin
> prevents you from doing something that you say you can't do anyway?

I often want to move the titlebar partially of the desktop to fit certain
windows. I also often need to move a window sideways almost out of the
desktop.

> Hmm. There are certain technical difficulties finding out how a menuentry
> was actually activated

Novices drag the titlebar. That's the only thing (if any) that should be
protected. The menu move should not have any movement restriction at all.

> I guess I could, most probably in the "Actions" dialog. Nobody is going to
> notice one more option there anyway.

That would be ideal. I'm fine with having the "proteced way" as the default
as long as I can disable it!

Thanks a lot for your understanding and feedback.

Take care,
Alex