List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: moving windows outside destop boundaries
From:       Alex <amm2 () andrew ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2004-09-12 20:33:29

> On Saturday 11 September 2004 02:22, Alex wrote:
>> Wow, is that documented somewhere?
>
> http://www.kde.org/documentation/faq/tips.html#id2914306

Actually that tip documents an alternative way to move windows,
it doesn't mention crossing the top edge of desktop.
There's dragging of the titlebar, right click on a border and selecting
"Move" and the ALT+LMButton that the tip describes.
However neither the fact nor the reasoning are documented that the top
edge of the desktop is an uncrossable barrier to all ways of moving
windows, except the ALT+LMButton way. The most plausible explanation I can
think of, was that the developers forgot to block that way, when they
blocked the other 2 ways, because the top edge of the desktop was never a
barrier before. I don't get why it has to be a barrier at all when none of
the other 3 edges are barriers to any method of moving windows.
Could it even be a bug?

Alex