List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Is it technically possible...
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-31 22:37:49

On August 31, 2004 16:04, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> ( Intuitively, the answer is: "because the two konqueror windows are
> different instances of konqueror,

this isn't always true. it is entirely possible to have multiple konq windows
all in the same process, and i believe our default settings have it that way
for file management even ...

perhaps a different way of going about it would be to go through the windows
for each pid and see which are "top level" windows and group them by the
parentage tree... KWin already does this for focus prevent stealing IIRC

> But programmatically, how do I know that? )

AFAIK the _NET_WM_PID atom contains this information for a given window,
assuming usage of a netWM compliant window manager =)

the NETWinInfo class in kdelibs/kdecore provides a ::pid() method as well.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric