List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde 3.3 / konqueror / css / font parsing
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2004-08-27 19:28:42

On Thursday 26 August 2004 10:29, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> And I, for one, would be delighted. It's certainly on my to do.
>
> MY fix (really hack) to this is these lines in my user style sheet:
>
> * { font-family: serif ! important }
> tt, pre { font-family: monospace ! important }

What do you think about creating a css folder structure in
~/.kde/share/apps/kcmcss/
so that http://www.myPage.org/ would try to get an override css from
~/.kde/share/apps/kcmcss/www.myPage.org/override.css,
http://www.myPage.org/foo/ from
~/.kde/share/apps/kcmcss/www.myPage.org/foo/override.css and
http://www.myPage.org/foo/foo.html from
~/.kde/share/apps/kcmcss/www.myPage.org/foo/foo.html
by checking the existince by parsing the url from left to right and trying to
acces the resulting directory.

This would provide full css control to the user - as long as he speaks css -
and is imho better than saving and loading tons of webpages and connected
css's (gee is there a correct plural?) at konqueror startup.

The remaining problem is probably to pass this functionality to the std. user
without any css abilities - is there a css generator (more mighty than the
settings in the kcontrol/css tab) we could rely on?

Because of the span/div direct formatting:
Though i don't think there's something like "! global" defined by the w3c, we
could add a special feature to the khtml css parser and shift it between
"Reader !important" and "Author" <xxx style=""></xxx> - as it doesn't really
conflict with the css standard and as long as we do not document it public, i
guess noone will really start to use it for his web page (but we could
"anti-m$" align this with mozilla/apple) ;)

Thomas
--
Think, think different. But essentially: Think!