List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail Bug very annoying
From:       André_Somers <a.t.somers () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2004-08-27 7:28:10

On Thursday 26 August 2004 22:51, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Thursday 26 August 2004 22:39, Willy De la Court wrote:
> > and some delivery software running under qmail. Contact your ISP and tell
> > them the messages they deliver are not RFC compliant. This can be fixed
> > by adding an -f option to the preline command.
>
> Come on, you know how utopian this kind of reasoning is.
How is that?

> > If other e-mail client want to parse messages that are not RFC compliant
> > thats their business. But it think the kmail authors do a very good job
> > here following the standard.
> When did that become more important than usefulness ? Konq can display
> broken pages pretty well, why can't kmail do the same thing with a simple
> text message ?
I think following standards *is* important, as you'll get unpredictable
behaviour otherwise and the program will get bloated with exceptions to the
standard.

However, I'm not so sure anymore that this is the case here. It might be a
geniuine bug. It's just very hard to reproduce. It seems that the parsing of
the messages that were attached to the mail is correct, however, the question
remains how the messages go that f*cked up in the first place. That may still
happen somewhere within KMail.

André
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant