List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Debugging Applets
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-08-27 3:01:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 26 August 2004 05:20 pm, Allen Winter wrote:
> Recompile kdelibs simply because I want to develop my own KDE app... and be
> able to debug it? Can't be true.. can it?
> -Allen

If you want debug information from kdelibs, then by definition you need
debugging libraries installed.

The question is whether or not you can get along with debugging your app
without debuggable KDE libraries.  Normally you can compile an app with debug
information even if the libs don't have debug, and get at least a shell of a
backtrace.

If your stack frame is useless, it was probably corrupted during the crash.
Does your ~/.xsession-errors file contain any of your debugging output?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne