List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Popupmenu does not appear in applet
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2004-08-26 9:32:38

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 16:28, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> 1)
>
> I have written a simple panel applet, containing a kpushbutton to which I
> attached a KPopupMenu with setMenu.
>
> when I debug my applet with appletproxy, the menu appears when I press the
> button. But in kicker, the menu appears empty.
>
> Am I missing something? :-)

I solved the problem by specifying the applet as parent of the popupmenu, as
opposed to the button:

 mMenu = new KPopupMenu(this);

instead of

       mMenu = new KPopupMenu(mButton);

This is surprising though, because after all, the button was a child of the
applet. So the menu was a grandchild of the applet. Is it a bug in kdelibs?

> 2)
>
> Why does the button appear truncated on the right?

I still need an answer to this :-)

cheers!
--
Maurizio Colucci