List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DOUBLE RIGHT-CLICK!!!
From:       André_Somers <a.t.somers () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2004-08-19 13:37:19

On Thursday 19 August 2004 15:09, Maurizio Colucci wrote:

> To answer to other posts, I don't propose to remove the right click in
> general, but only for context menus, where it does not improve speed in a
> significant way (because wired infrared mouse are more precise, and it
> becomes easier to travel to a visible menu than to switch hand and wait for
> your brain to focus a popup menu).
Why would you want to remove functionality that at least a part of the
userbase (me included) finds *very* helpfull, especially if the 'context'
idea of the context menu is well implemented? Sure, the functions need to be
accessible from the normal menu as well, so if you like working that way
better, nobody's stopping you. But please, don't try to take away
functionality that is usefull to others. At least I think that rightclicking
on a GUI item is often easier than first selecting it and then aiming once
again on a menu on a completely different part of the screen.

Having said that, I think the double-right click may be problematic too. I
find it more difficult to time clicks with my ringfinger than with my index
finger, making it harder to right click than to left click. So, though I
don't object to it being added, it should only be done with the strikt
guideline to only use it as a shortcut for something that is accessible from
the context menu as well. So, for people who manage to double-right click, it
adds something, while the rest of us don't miss out.

André

--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant