List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: integrating virtual reality into KDE
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-08-12 10:23:40

On Thursday 12 August 2004 09:31, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 12 August 2004 07:58 schrieb Raphael Langerhorst:
> > What do you think about having a client interface for this virtual
> > reality in KDE? In particular the question "where to put it" also arises
> > [games,edu, a new science module, or network, ..].
>
> It's out of scope for a desktop environment.
>
> Greetings, Stephan

Yes, that's most likely true... thinking of KDE as a "desktop environment"
which is actually what it is. Also what came to my mind is that kdeextragear
or something would have been better anyway (to start with at least). But it's
true that currently it's out of scope of a desktop environment.

Anyway, this system will most likely provide an interface for KDE itself, so
it would be possible to work on "computers" inside this VR, which would then
lead to a real 3D desktop environment. But that's still some time away.

Regards,
Raphael