List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Howto provide a plugin api ?
From:       Mario <tweakBSD () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-07-27 8:06:23

Am Dienstag, 27. Juli 2004 09:42 schrieb Jeroen Wijnhout:
> On Tuesday 27 July 2004 09:39, Mario wrote:
> > Hello list.
> >
> > at the moment I'm recoding tweakBSD for the 4th time, and now my decision
> > was to provide a plugin api, so every MDIchildview could be a plugin ! I
> > want to create a preferences page which shows all loaded plugins and some
> > info on it! Every plugin should be able to add groups and buttons to my
> > 'ToolBoxDock'.
> >
> > If there is a default way to make an app pluggable, please tell me and
> > give some code example if possible!
>
> KParts has a plugin API. I suggest you have a look at Kate or KDevelop.
>
> best,
> Jeroen

I have taken a look at digikam which provides it's own PluginManager, but
half the code I don't know what it is for :-(  and even some includes are
unknown by me.

This is what digikam includes for it's pluginmanager:

#include <qfile.h>
#include <qvariant.h>
#include <ktrader.h>  ???
#include <kxmlguifactory.h>
#include <kparts/componentfactory.h>  ???
#include <kdebug.h>
#include <kaction.h>
#include <interfaces/plugin.h>  ???

If somebody has already written an app proving a plugin manager like this
please help me to make tweakBSD 'pluggable' which is very important for me!

Mario S.