List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] to add "close on click" functionality to konqueror
From:       Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl () lkcl ! net>
Date:       2004-07-19 13:57:00

dear damien,

your idea about

	Devices (links to the devices:/ url)
	Personal Files (links to ~)
	Documents
	Music
	Pictures
	Settings

makes a lot of sense [yes it's not new, but it's doable].

i am also going to have to somehow hack into konqueror a means
to TOTALLY remove user access to /bin, /var/ in fact everything
but /home, /cdrom and /floppy.

whilst also still making it possible to run programs, of course,
so running konqueror in a chroot jail isn't an option to solve
that issue.

if the top-level were as you suggest, that'd be "Job Done".

if the Devices only showed mounted drives / active devices that'd
be even better.

the reason for that is because when i view devices at the moment,
users are presented with /dev/hda1 /dev/hda2 /dev/hda3 /dev/hda5
/dev/hda7 /dev/cdrom and it's just... too much.

... you think i want to explain those to dumb-ass idiots used to
windows, or to people who've never _had_ a computer before?

:)

l.

Information I post is with honesty, integrity, and the expectation that
you will take full responsibility if acting on the information contained,
and that, should you find it to be flawed or even mildly useful, you
will act with both honesty and integrity in return - and tell me.