List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for aligning the text on websites justify
From:       Nicolas Bellm <nbellm () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-07-05 18:15:16

> If webmasters are uninformed about how to set a page justified, it is not
> the browsers job to change the formating of the layout of pages to cope for
> them not doing it for them. I'd rather have konqi render pages more
> accurately to the html than bring a new non-standards rendering option to
> the table. While good that you're disabling this by default, it allows
> people to override the layout that teh webmaster devised, which is fully
> acceptable mark-up.
I think that this is a Sisyphos work to tell every webmaster that it doesn't
look good if the text isn't align justify. You can't tell this every person.
You also can't tell everybody not to underline text. It's impossible. I'm
convinced that if it was w3c standard that text will be automatically aligned
justify hardly everybody would change this behaviour since nobody thinks
about this. I can't belive that no important online magazine has the texts
aligned justify.

Nicolas