List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Adding improved file search to KDE
From:       Laur Ivan <laur.ivan () corvil ! com>
Date:       2004-06-16 8:38:23

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 09:31, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> There is an other way, we can let the filesystem do the job of keeping
> informations up to date. My first thought was that it would be very
> difficult to do that, but ReiderFS4 will ship a very interesting feature :
> plugins. And I believe we can write a plugin that will do the job.
> Unfortunately it is limited to one filesystem, but as it looks very
> promising, it shouldn't be much of a problem.
That's very interesting, but imo it would move the app outside of the KDE
project as it would be a (very) selective feature: "This is available only if
you have reiser4". On the other hand, we could do something similar to
kdirwatch (if reiser4 then use plugin, otherwise use a more "traditional"
mechanism). Would this be feasible?

Cheers,

Laur