List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde 3.2.1 konqueror hungs when opening DVD
From:       Arnold Krille <kde () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2004-06-11 10:32:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 11 June 2004 08:07, Colossus wrote:
> On Thursday 10 June 2004 17:03, you wrote:
> > Because very few standard unix commands create thumbnails?
> Yes very few standard unix commands create thumbnails but wouldn't be
> much better (and professional) for konqueror to display an error message
> saying: I/O error on /dev/xxx than just hanging and forcing me to kill it
> ?? What do you think ?

Because, as stated in other messages in this thread sent yesterday, Konqueror
just waits for data and can not say wether the data isn't coming because of
an error or just a slow connection or high system load. Only thing left for
konqueror is to wait for the kernel / the underlying system to send the error
if there is one...

If you don't want your kernel to retry to read data that long, you have to
hack your kernel, not konqueror.

Arnold
--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de