List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde 3.2.1 konqueror hungs when opening DVD
From:       Colossus <colossus () 3000 ! it>
Date:       2004-06-10 11:46:56

On Thursday 10 June 2004 11:15, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 10 Juni 2004 10:57 schrieb Colossus:
> > I'm using kernel 2.6.4 WITHOUT scsi emulation. When accessing from the
> > console with ls I don't get any of the above messages, checked with tail
> > -f. Shall I fire a bug on bugs.kde.org ?
>
> Your DVD is defect and your kernel tells you - and you still blame
> konqueror?

Dear Stephan,
I'm not blaming any KDE component, KDE is my preferite window manager.
I admire KDE's developers work, efforts and time they spend to improve KDE
over and over again. I just noted those I/O errors ONLY when browsing the
content of the data DVD with konqueror and NOT from the console with
standard unix commands. That's all. Please don't get offended too fast :-).

Long life to KDE !
--
Colossus

Mizio, a proxy scanner tool with GUI for Linux
http://mizio.sourceforge.net