List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Catching the change of a value
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-06-01 11:22:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 10:05, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 June 2004 08:42, Mike McLean wrote:
> > I have the gstreamer code to where it plays a file and changes the value
> > of a variable when the end of stream is reached.  Now I'm trying to
> > figure out how to make the app act on the change of value and call a
> > function to clear out the stream and move to the next item on the
> > playlist.
> >
> > I'm not sure what sort of code I need to do on the KDE side to have it
> > catch the change in state of the variable.
>
> does the gstreamer code emit a signal?

gstreamer itself very unlikely, but maybe the Qt wrapper, if Mike uses it.
gstreamer itself might have some callback mechanism to notify about state=20
changed.

I suggest to ask on kde-multimedia mailinglist, the authors of the other=20
players with gstreamer backend can help you better.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>