List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DANGER Fedora
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2004-04-30 18:03:19

Marc Espie wrote:
> In article <408DF878.90709@acm.org> you write:
>
>>Stanislav Karchebny wrote:
>>
>>>I propose contact fedore packages maintainer(s) directly instead of spamming
>>>the ml. We would love to hear their feedback instead, gladly. Trolling us all
>>>with engineering quality rants is not a good attitude either.
>>
>>Yes, I am certain that your are correct -- any concerns about quality or
>>the users of KDE are clearly part of an attitude that is not compatible
>>with the KDE developers.
>

> How many times are you going to miss the point ?
>
> The kde project is NOT directly involved with binary packages.
> It is focused on source releases.
>
> Simply put, you are barking up the wrong tree.
>
> This mailing-list is for kde development, not kde binary packages.
>
> You've been pointed repeatedly at the relevant people. Why do you
> refuse to contact them and keep putting the blame on the people here,
> who do NOT deal with the binary packages at all.

This is not in any way about blame.  It is a request for HELP with user
questions which I can not answer.

It is also about the fact what we need to do something so that people with
RedHat quit trying to install Fedora RPMs (which KDE is making available on
their FTP servers).  It is about determining why this doesn't work.

The developers are the people that need to address these issues since
Fedora will not stop shipping a screwed GLibc and RedHat will not offer
binary packages for KDE for RedHat 8 & 9.

I have asked one user to file a Fedora bug report.  I hope that he does it,
but I doubt that this will fix the problem.

However, I will take your posting and others to indicate that the
developers do not care about user's problems and refuse to help the unpaid
support staff with user problems.  Both very sad situations. :-(

--
JRT