List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problem compiling "kdeextragear-1" - CVS HEAD/Fedora Core/Unsermake
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-04-29 9:33:42

Hello, Everyone :)
I just got done compiling 16 out of the 20 modules that I have from KDE
- CVS HEAD.  I have it set up so that all I do is run a shell script (if
I can call it that.  It's kind of ugly, but it sure beats having to
start each one compiling one at a time :)), and when I woke up this
morning, it was on like the last module.  Remember, this is on Fedora
Core 1, so I think that that is REALLY good news :) Anyway, on to the
subject of this message: when I attempt to compile "kdeextragear-1", I
get the following error -

*** Creating Makefile templates
ERROR:gwenview/gwenviewapp/Makefile.am: "$(gwenview_SOURCES)" doesnt match extre
ERROR:gwenview/gwenviewapp/Makefile.am: "$(gwenview_hack_SOURCES)" doesnt match extre
k3b/src/audiodecoding/Makefile.am: Warning: No c++ file includes skeleton.moc
k3b/src/audioencoding/Makefile.am: Warning: No c++ file includes skeleton.moc
gwenview/pics/action/Makefile.am: unknown icon format (imageops.svg)
gwenview/pics/action/Makefile.am: unknown icon format (imageops.svgz)
gwenview/pics/action/Makefile.am: unknown icon format (slideshow.svg)
gwenview/pics/action/Makefile.am: unknown icon format (slideshow.svgz)
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

After running "make cvs-clean", my "subdirs" contains the following
items:
amarok cdbakeoven doc gwenview k3b kallers kchat kdiff3 kfortune
kreatecd ksmssend

Because I don't want all of that to compile, I create an "inst-apps"
file that contains these items:
amarok cdbakeoven doc gwenview k3b kdiff3 kreatecd

If I remove "k3b" from "inst-apps", save it, and attempt to recompile,
it works perfectly.  The reason I don't remove "gwenview" as well, is
that those warnings come up whether I user Unsermake or not.
Also, if I unset "UNSERMAKE" and do "make -f Makefile.cvs && ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/kde --enable-debug=full && make", with the contents
of "inst-apps" as shown above, it compiles perfectly.  I suspect that
this is an Unsermake issue, but I've been wondering: is it just possible
that using regular "make" allows some things to be compiled that
shouldn't be?  Perhaps the problem is really with "make" and not
"Unsermake"?  Just a thought.....

Anyway, have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick