List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Memory Leak in Panel Applet
From:       Nilesh Bansal <nilesh () iitb ! ac ! in>
Date:       2004-04-19 21:49:45

I tried using valgrind, but it exits without saying anything about
memory leak. Last few lines are

--11719-- FATAL: unhandled syscall: 7
--11719-- Do not panic.  You may be able to fix this easily.
--11719-- Read the file README_MISSING_SYSCALL_OR_IOCTL.
==11719==
==11719== Valgrind detected that your program requires
==11719== the following unimplemented functionality:
==11719==    no wrapper for the above system call
==11719== This may be because the functionality is hard to implement,
==11719== or because no reasonable program would behave this way,
==11719== or because nobody has yet needed it.  In any case, let me know
==11719== (jseward@acm.org) and/or try to work around the problem, if
you can.
==11719==
==11719== Valgrind has to exit now.  Sorry.  Bye!
==11719==

I got same out put for all of the following commands
valgrind appletproxy ftpmonitor.desktop
valgrind konsole
valgrind xterm

To use valgrind i have done export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.3.98, becuaue
Valgrind cannot yet deal with NVIDIA's
   ELF TLS OpenGL. Can this be a problem.

Albert Astals Cid wrote:

>A Dilluns 19 Abril 2004 20:48, Nilesh Bansal va escriure:
>

>>I have written a small panel applet.  But there is some memory leak in
>>applet. Is there any way by which i can find out where the problem is.
>>(http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/nilesh/linux/ftpmonitor/)
>>

>Use memcheck skin of valgrind
>
>http://valgrind.kde.ogr

Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things
they make it easier to do don't need to be done
*
Nilesh Bansal
http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/nilesh/