List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdevelop/Makefile.am
From:       "Big Biff" <bigbiff () chunkyfilms ! org>
Date:       2004-03-30 12:43:58

> Do NOT mix default with debug.
>
> Once you configure it with default it will no longer build with debug
> or optimzed.
> Once you configure it with debug or optimzed it will no longer build
> with default.

Hi,

 that's not what I'm doing. Let me explain. If I do a _fresh_ checkout
of the whole project, i.e. "cvs -d .... co kasablanca". Open the
kdevelop project, the default build type will now be debug. If I now do
automake&friends->configure->build project it compiles the project in
what seems as a right order(The .cpp and .h files).

However, if I check out the project fresh(as above) and just open the
kdevelop project and change the build type to default. Now when I do:
automake&friends->configure->build project it compiles the files in a
whole different order and a wrong one too, so it tries to compile files
that have dependencies on files it compiles later on in the process.

And I can't figure out what's wrong. This also happens if I create a new
kdevelop project.

Help is appreciated !!

Thanks in advance, Biff