List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Announce] Howto on developing a plugin structure in KDE
From:       blackie () kde ! org (Jesper K !  Pedersen)
Date:       2004-02-24 8:05:27

Cyrille Berger <cyb@lepi.org> writes:

| Hello,
| Why  did you not use the kpart plugin system ? (KPart::Plugin, as described
| here : http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/kparts/index.html and
| here :
| http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.2-api/kparts/html/classKParts_1_1Plugin.html)
| What are the advantages of your plugin system ?
As you will see from the later URL, KParts::Plugin does actually inherit
the same classes as my plugin class does, so I doubt there is much difference.

During the writing I was suggested to look at that, but unfortunately
forgot about it again. So the main conclusion really is, there's no big
reason to it, I'll have a look, and eventually update the document.

Cheers
Jesper.