List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Antialiased QPainter
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2004-02-21 12:41:39

> I'm working on simple kicker applet that draws circles and arcs using
> QPainter. They are really ugly...
> I think the best way to get some nicer circles would be to port
> QPainter::drawEllipse/Arc to XRender. I don't fear this task, but I would
> like to know if there are already some K implementation for these around,
as
> I suppose KSvg, icons, artists, and other developers may have had the same
> needs.

There exists a couple of render engines which use libart for anti-aliased
renderings,
like in KSVG or in koffice/karbon
I don't know any implementations which use Xrender / Cairo directly.
A good starting point would be something like kdenonbeta/kpainter, I think.

The project tries to define a rendering API which is slightly more advanced
than QPainter, and allows for multiple backends, like
a Cairo based.

Regards
Dirk