List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE_3_2_RELEASE doc problem
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-09 2:02:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 09 February 2004 02.33, Thomas Schwarzgruber wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 8. Februar 2004 23:02 schrieb Joachim Eibl:
> > Why "/opt/kde_stable/bin/meinproc"? Shouldn't it use
> > "/opt/kdecvs/bin/meinproc" or similar?
> > meinproc comes as part of kdelibs.
> >
> > Joachim
>
> Because I decided to put kde_3_2_release into a seperate directory which i
> called kde_stable (actual cvs lies in kde_unstable)

So let's review the issues here.

To compile meinproc, you need bzip2.  If you don't have it, it will not
compile.   If meinproc does not compile *and is not found in the path* the
documentation will not be compiled - it will just be skipped.  If meinproc
exists, and is found, but it's an old version, it will fail - you must use at
least a version that can locate the DTD's being used.

I notice you are complaining about Kate's doc.  This is the first doc to be
compiled in kdebase, so it's natural, however, it's *not* the first document
to be compiled at all, that is kspell which is in kdelibs.  If that one is
not failing, then obviously a working copy of meinproc is being built for
you, things go wrong only after the kdelibs installation.

So - what do you have set as $KDEDIR? how about $KDEDIRS?  Does setting either
of those help?  Or unsetting them, if they are wrong.  This is probably the
number one cause of this problem - an incorrect KDEDIR setting kicks up an
incorrect version of meinproc, and chaos ensues.

What is set as the $PATH?

Do you have any other copies of meinproc on the system - what does `which
meinproc` say? What does locate have to say about it? Run a find over all the
directories in your path, to be sure.

How about 'checkXML' - can you run it, and do you have more than one copy of
it lying around?  If you do,

What version of libxml2 do you have installed?

I see you are running in a non-English locale? If so, does resetting LC_ALL to
C during compile help?

And please, don't shout.  I don't know where you've been asking this question
for a year, but it hasn't been anywhere that I could see it.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/