List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: [Dlc-discuss] Inhibitors to the desktop
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-16 19:16:15

On Friday 16 January 2004 19:38, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Because of that - and because I think many people use these
> applications anyway - I would really like to suggest picking up
> digikam into kdegraphics and k3b into kdemultimedia (and I think
> there's a CD labeling program also, could that be incorporated into
> k3b somehow ?) for KDE 3.3. It would make it so much easier to tie
> those programs into e.g. konqueror and so forth besides the service
> menus, plus making them available to a much broader audience.

> Any comments, ideas ?

Have you asked the authors, if they would be willing to maintain their
programs in this modules?

I don't see a real reason to move them if there are no reasons from a
development point of view, e.g. that they would share code with other
programs in kdegraphics and kdemultimedia respectively.

CVS modules are about development and not about deployment. Collecting
the programs users need I would consider as job of the distributors.