List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [announce] KDE control center module for joysticks
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-31 0:58:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 01:58 pm, Martin Koller wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 December 2003 22:32, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > > I think this module fits best into the Peripherals section in kcontrol,
> > > but I have no idea in which file I define that it should be installed
> > > there.
> >
> > add this line to your desktop file
> > "Categories=Qt;KDE;X-KDE-settings-peripherals"
>
> Thanks for this hint. I have this already included in the .desktop file ...
> seems I found this somewhere in another kcontrol module ;-)

Hmm screenshot looks nice but don't you think that square LED's on the widget
for the button states would give you a better overview as a User which
buttons work and which are broken ? I mean, that's the sense of such a
configuration module :) and we should make it as easy as possible usability
wise. I don't think that the microsoft ones are the best one can make such a
module but in that respect I found them to be very easy to use at least. Oh,
and a calibration for the thingy is surely a good idea. You may want to have
a look at how Qtopia/OPIE is calibrating touchscreens (and re-use that
widget) - which could be a good start for a kcm module anyway for tablet pc's
as well.

Ralf

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org