List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Does KDE want to limit or destroy its commercial acceptance?
From:       "Paul Hampson" <phampson () linuxmail ! org>
Date:       2003-12-30 8:14:14

Thanks for you comments. I was not looking to start a debate on the quality of the software. Lets put this debate in a bubble that says the both Qt and GTK are equal. Indeed LGPL may have issues, but would you not agree that linux needs proprietary apps to pull them out of the shadows? LGPL seems to encourage this. What KDE says on its site [see my previous email regarding the limiting of liscensing (the quote at the top of it)] seems to shun this. Is this actually the case?

Regards,
Paul