List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Middle-clicking in Konqueror sometimes goes to whatever is in
From:       "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2003-12-17 18:11:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

El mié, 17-12-2003 a las 03:24, Christian Mueller escribió:

> I think another logical feature would be to have more than one
> search engine drop target ("differently configured" icons on
> the kicker bar), e.g. one for google, one for leo, one for php.

Perhaps clicking on it could open the default search engine,
middle-clicking on it could search the default search engine with the
PRIMARY or SELECTION clipboard content, and right-clicking on it could
show a drop down menu:

Search Google for "maxi disco hits"
Search AltaVista for "maxi disco hits"
Search RPM Find for "maxi disco hits"
Search PHP for "maxi disco hits"
Search Teoma for "maxi disco hits"
Search IMDB for "maxi disco hits"
Configure search options...

That'd be two clicks instead of one, but then again by doing this you
shouldn't need to add more than one kicker applet.

The user should be able to select Configure search options... and have
the Konqueror search shortcuts kcm module open up... And this kcm module
should have a control to let the user select the default search engine.