List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Collecting "hi" voices
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () softhome ! net>
Date:       2003-12-16 15:45:48

Adriaan de Groot (Tue, December 16 2003 08:03)
> As someone already pointed out, this thread has veered wildly from what I
> originally intended (though I mentioned "time-wasting" at the start): a
> collection of ogg files _on_the_web_, not in everyone's KDE install

Yes.

> Possibly more than one native folk if the Kopete guys can't agree on who
> says what.

Yes.  And just because different voices are interesting, and different accents
are interesting too.  While I might say "Komdu sæll og blessaður" with
american-accented icelandic, another might say it with an italian accent or
who knows what else.

Also keep in mind languages where there are different forms based upon whether
you are greeting a male or female.  If it were a female, then I would say
"Komdu sæl og blessuð".

> it's just not the same in text.

It's really not.

> The ideal response to my original message would have been: "o yeah, i'm
> maintained of .... website, there's space there, use it. And since I speak
> Welsh and Navaho, I've put up the relevant oggs for those already."

I have space on a server...no problem.  I can put everything at
http://www.somerandomdomain.com/~cshobe/kdehi/ :).

You'll have to E-mail me files to upload though, and I don't have a microphone
myself...so there's nothing there yet.

But better would be to use someplace on kde.org.

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
cshobe@softhome.net
> KDE toolbar icons
> Kopete user interface, usability, and testing
> X11 Icelandic Dvorak keymaps
* (website coming soon)