List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: kdeeject
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () softhome ! net>
Date:       2003-12-16 15:37:41

[Attachment #2 (unknown)]

David Faure (Mon, December 15 2003 16:02)
> Interesting. I think there are a few bash-isms in the script though, like
> using a function and TIMER=$[TIMER+1]. I wonder what kind of problems this
> might bring to non-bash users (we could of course put /bin/bash at the top
> of
 the file - are there systems without bash installed at all?).

Yes.  Some of my linux systems do not, and will not, have BASH.

> But "which" is also non-portable AFAIK, and I'm not sure what the portable
> equivalent is ("type -p"?)

which is not standard - there are several different 'which' programs which
behave differently and it is not a required package by any means.  I don't
have it on any of my systems because I know where executables are
(*everything* is in /bin, there is no /sbin or /usr or any of that
nonsense ;-) )

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
cshobe@softhome.net
> KDE toolbar icons
> Kopete user interface, usability, and testing
> X11 Icelandic Dvorak keymaps
* (website coming soon)