List:       kde-devel
Subject:    QT-3.2.3 PostScript driver
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-12-15 1:39:44

I have applied my patch:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/files/qt-x11-free-3.1.2-PSfontname.patch.bz2

for the Qt PostScript driver to Qt-3.2.3 and it appears to work.  My test page printed to
a file from KWord 1.2.94 and it displayed correctly in GV.

There is still a bug with Times which I have not yet been able to figure out.  As we
should all know, the correct name of the regular face of "Times" is "Times-Roman".  The
PostScript file contains:

/TimesList [
[ /Times 1.0 0.0 ]
   [ /ArialMT 0.987 0.0 ]
   [ /Helvetica 0.987 0.0 ]
] d

where it should be:

/Times-RomanList [
[ /Times-Roman 1.0 0.0 ]
   [ /TimesNewRomanPSMT 1.0 0.0 ]
] d

The problem is that despite the fact that: "Times" is listed in the: "postscript font
substitution dictionary":

static const psfont Times [] = {
     { "Times-Roman", 0, 82.45 },
     { "Times-Italic", 0, 82.45 },
     { "Times-Bold", 0, 82.45 },
     { "Times-BoldItalic", 0, 82.45 }
};

it doesn't work.  It appears to me that it isn't properly reading the table.

--
JRT