List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to install kde-i18n?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-12-13 19:06:53

On Saturday 13 December 2003 13:39, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please, can anybody point me to how I am supposed to install a translation?
>
> This is what I have understood I should do:
>
> cvs co -l kde-i18n
> cvs co kde-i18n/de
> cd kde-18n
> ln -s ../kde-common/admin .

> mv subdirs subdirs.old
> echo de >subdirs

That is not the recommended way. (Too many people have committed such a
subdirs file by error)

The recommended way is

echo de > inst-apps

But I do not think that it is your real problem.

> configure
>
> configure fails with:
>
> This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
> This will be deleted before making the distribution
>
> *** YOU'RE USING UNSERMAKE.
> *** GOOD LUCK!! :)
> *** Creating acinclude.m4
> *** Creating list of subdirectories
> *** Using subdirs
> *** Creating Makefile.am
> *** Creating configure.files
> *** Creating configure.in
> *** Creating de/configure.in
> *** Creating configure.files
> *** Creating aclocal.m4
> *** Creating configure
> *** Creating config.h template
> *** Creating Makefile templates
> Makefile.am: ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS is not defined but used
> *** Creating files in de
> ../Makefile.am:418: *** missing separator.  Stop.
> make[2]: *** [cvs-local] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [cvs] Fehler 1
> make: *** [all] Fehler 2
>
> Please, any pointers?

Try again to update the admin directory, may be you have caught a buggy
version of it.

Be also careful that for CVS HEAD, you need a admin CVS HEAD, for a stable
branch, the admin of the same branch.

If it is a problem of unsermake then I have no idea. Sorry.

> Friedrich

Have a nice day!