List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: showing a QImage in KHTML
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-12-10 15:34:53

On December 10, 2003 10:51 am, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What's the best way to show a QImage inside a KHTMLPart? I figure I can
> > write the QImage out to disk, and then point the HTML at that for an
> > image source. Should I use a KTempFile?
> >
> > At first, I thought I could use the QMimeSourceFactory class, but it
> > doesn't look like that is the way the KHTML part works. Is that correct?
> > The image is too big to use a data: protocol URL.
> >
> > Is there a better way?

I was looking for this for a long time for Kopete too. The lack of the ability
to use a QImage or QPixmap for a HTML image in KHTML is severely limiting.

The only way I could figure out was the way you described, saving it to a temp
file.

Ideally, I wish there was a QPixmap / QImage constructor for HTMLImageElement.
Then you could just append it into the DOM.

Such a thing would need to assign some random string for the src paramater,
but I think that's not such a big deal.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org