List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konq not playing flash
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-11-16 22:33:55

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Rocco Charamella wrote:
>
>> I hope this is the right place for this. I'm not a developer but a
>> user who's taken the plunge and installed KDE 3.1.9 as my main
>> desktop. So, I'm using it on a daily basis. I wanted to give someone
>> feedback based on what I'm seeing. I'm on Suse 8.2, I used the rpms
>> provided on the kde site to upgrade.
>> So far, the main thing that's not working in Flash in Konqeror. It
>> seems to see all the mozilla folders correctly and even show the
>> plugin, but when I go to a flash page, I get a blank white space. Same
>> page in Mozilla shows the movie. Is this a bug or something incorrect
>> in my setup?
>

> This might be a development issue.
>
> To have a common reference:
>
> 1.    Where did you get flash?
>
> 2    Does: http://www.eye4u.com/ work OK?
>
> I installed the download from:
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates/
>
> and it appears to work OK although I have had problems with previous
> versions.

NO, I *am* having problems with Flash.  It appears to be some sort of
'state' problem.  It works OK, and then I open another Flash based web site
and it sticks.  Sometimes reloading the page fixes it and sometimes doing a
plugin scan then clicking 'Go' fixes the problem.

Note that I also have another weird problem.  I can NOT get 6.0.79.0 to
work with either Mozilla or MozillaFirebird.

--
JRT