List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New spellcheck kicker applet.  Newbie help needed.
From:       Gary Cramblitt <garycramblitt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-11-11 22:52:39

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:54:57 -0700
"Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:

> On Monday 10 November 2003 09:28, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > Only if it can be done without adding additional keyboard or mouse
> > operations, i.e., one wouldn't want to have to click the KDict applet,
> > paste text from clipboard, and click a menu or button to spellcheck.
>
> how about adding one more button to the applet for spell checking? or changing
> the M button to do a proper spellcheck?
>
> this is probably something to discuss with the kdict maintainer, who appears
> to be Christian Gebauer (gebauer@kde.org)

I'll e-mail him to see what he has to say.

> btw, i tried building your applet but the tarball you provided for download
> appears to be missing the kclipspellapplet.h file?

Sorry about that.  Still learning this Gideon (KDevelop 3.0) tool.
Please try again now.  The URL is

  http://home.comcast.net/~garycramblitt/oss/kclipspellapplet-0.1.tar.gz

The KDick applet consumes a fair amount of kicker panel space.  Looks
like about 4 times the width of my spellcheck button.  If I'm a user who
wants spellchecking capability, but not dictionary, I have to pay a
large screen real-estate price.

Thanks for you input.