List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [OT] Any plans to keep up with longhorn?
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-11-08 4:19:16

>Orig: 16x16

Good looking. ;)

>QImage::scale(): 100x100
>QImage::smothScale()

Well, pixelated.

>My smoothResize() (see my previous mail)

A tad too blurry.

>My smootherResize() (more complicated and time consuming)

Very wet, no good at all.

If you want to scale while not losing any information (which you do by adding
blur) you better don't mix colors at all. There are already quite some
approaches at good looking blurfree and thus sharp scaling algorithms, see
http://scale2x.sourceforge.net/ and http://www.hiend3d.com/hq4x.html
Anything less is ugly imo.

Cheers, Datschge =)