List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PhotoCD KIO-Slave
From:       "Bernd Lachner" <blachner () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-10-31 11:31:55

> This doesn't help if you want to "browse" a PhotoCD image to look what
> resolution is "supported" by this special image.

As you say, it doesn't help, because which application can use this custom
parameters?

With the KIO slave solution the follwing is possible without problems:

- Browse the pictures in konqueror.
- Show single pictures in konqueror in the resolution you want.
- Convert the pictures to png or jpeg format in the resolution you want, by
simply copy it in konqueror.
- Load the pictures directly with programs which support KIO in the
resolution you want. This works for example with KWord. Unfortunally it don't work
with Scribus because Scribus don't support KIO at the moment. If I have a
closer look first at Scribus, maybe I never had written the KIO slave, because
;-) But now I use KWord instead of Scribus.

Regards

Bernd

--
blachner@gmx.net