List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PhotoCD KIO-Slave
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2003-10-31 9:29:35

> > The only difference is that a .pcd file contains several versions of the
same
> > image and retrieving those versions would be possible using a kioslave.
> > With a KImgIO plugin, how would we access all those versions?

> Yes, that is the reason why I wrote a KIO-Slave and not a KImageIO Plugin.
> don't see how I can access the different resolutions via a KImageIO
plugin.

In a KImageIO plugin you could provide custom parameters, which define the
resolution which should be accessed.
in kdenonbeta/kpainter/svgicons I tried to implement a SVG KImageIO which
should use this feature (SVG is scalable without quality loss,
so I can specify the wanted with and height of the result image)

This doesn't help if you want to "browse" a PhotoCD image to look what
resolution is "supported" by this special image.

Regards
Dirk