List:       kde-devel
Subject:    newbie: control center shows no user controls
From:       Bernd Pol <bernd.pol () online ! de>
Date:       2003-10-26 8:42:48

Hi all,

I got CVS KDE up and running on my SuSE 9.0 system, finally. :-)

But there are no user controls (icons, style, windows behaviour, etc.)
shown in the control center by kcontrol. The only controls I see are:

Network
  + ML Donkey
Peripherals
  + Digital Camera
System
  + K3b Setup
YaST2
  + (all modules as it seems)

I found the user controls splattered among the Applications in the KMenu
and succeeded in setting up the look and feel to my liking.
Nevertheless I would like to know how kcontrol could be forced to
access the user control modules in the usual fashion.
Is this behaviour a KDE bug? Or did I something wrong? How can I find
out?
And last but not least: Is there any documentation (besides the usual
user's help) about this and other setup stuff?

Bernd