List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: arts - Ugh
From:       Vladimir Lazarenko <vlad () lazarenko ! net>
Date:       2003-10-22 2:52:32

Ok, I guess I can add some more input on the issue.
I use Creative Soundblaster Extigy USB edition, on top of alsa-0.9.8.

arts works perfectly for me, unless -F or -S keys are specified with any
values. Whenever one of those is present, sound gets distorted, then artsd
crashes, and all the following attempts to autorestart it end up with I/O
error, errno 17 = file exists.

Removing them from ~/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc manually solved the issue
(thanks SadEagle@freenode)

Thou I don't seem to be able to find what affects those settings in Kconfig,
and why they appear. And actually why wouldn't this work in the first place?

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Lazarenko