List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Optimizng Meta Tags For Maximum Visibility And Placement
From:       lisa () trafficpost ! net (TrafficPost)
Date:       2003-09-10 5:31:37

OPTIMIZING META TAGS FOR MAXIMUM VISIBILITY AND PLACEMENT

Welcome to TrafficPost, an informative newsletter about search engine placement. Are \
you interested in bringing more Internet traffic to your business? If you respond to \
this email we will provide a free analysis of your Web site.

An important part of our search engine placement program involves optimizing the meta \
tags on your Web site to maximize visibility and placement. This week's newsletter \
will take a look at some of the different types of meta tags.

WHAT IS A META TAG?
A meta tag is a special HTML tag that provides information about a Web page. Unlike \
normal HTML tags, meta tags do not affect how the page is displayed. Instead, they \
provide coded information that is analyzed by the search engines when building their \

DESCRIPTION META TAG
Some search engines use the description meta tag as a brief summary for display in \
their search results. A good description includes a marketing statement and keyword \
phrases. It should be phrased in a way that will draw customers to a site just by \
reading the search engine listing.

KEYWORD META TAG
The keyword meta tag provides the search engines with relevancy data and association \
assistance to place and locate a Web site. The keyword phrases should be carefully \
chosen to reflect the main focus of a site.

REVISIT META TAG
The revisit meta tag tells a search engine spider how often to revisit a site. For \
optimal spidering the interval for revisits should be set to around two weeks.

ROBOT META TAG
The robot meta tag is used to keep search engine spiders from indexing particular \
pages of a Web site. If all section of a Web site are to be spidered the robot meta \
tag should be set to "all".

COPYRIGHT META TAG
The copyright meta tag lets other viewers and search engines know that the work on a \
particular Web site is copyright protected.

OUR SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION PROGRAM
The best way to get noticed by the search engines is to use a professional search \
engine placement service like ours. We use expertise and technological know-how to \
get you top search engine placement:

1. Our professionally trained technicians help you to choose the 20 keyword phrases \
that best reflect the main focus of your site.

2. We use those keywords to optimize your meta tags and build 200+ HTML advertising \
pages designed to conform to the ranking criteria of the top search engines.

3. Since many search engines now use link popularity in their rankings, we employ \
link building strategies such as reciprocal link relationships with related \
businesses.

4. We manually submit your site to Web directories like the Open Directory Project. \
(We do not submit to spider-based search engine because research indicates that these \
types of search engines give preference to sites that their spiders find through \
links.)

5. Our online client reporting system puts tracking information at your fingertips so \
that you can monitor your site's progress.

6. Free customer support is always available for active clients through our toll free \
customer support hotline. Active clients can check their search engine kword rankings \
with our online reporting system.

If you are not an active client and would like information on our Power Click \
Network, search engine optimization services, or a free keyword analysis of your Web \
site please respond to this email and include your name, phone number, and site URL.

SEARCH ENGINE NEWS FROM AROUND THE WEB

Web Search Content Ads Seen Falling Short
http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2003/08/29/Web_search_content_ads_seen_falling_short

Lycos Europe Overhauls Hotbot Search Site
http://www.netimperative.com/cmn/viewdoc.jsp?cat=news&docid=BEP1_News_0000056847

How Google News Compares to Competition
http://www.cyberjournalist.net/news/000691.php

Sizing Up the Search Competition
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5069571.html

TO BE TAKEN OFF THE TRAFFICPOST NEWSLETTER MAILING LIST GO TO \
http://trafficpost.net/remove.php?email=kde-devel@kde.org