List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kpaint
From:       Michael Thaler <michael.thaler () ph ! tum ! de>
Date:       2003-09-09 11:53:34

Hello,

> kpaint (kdegraphics): Tool::setLeftBrush()
> kpaint (kdegraphics): Tool::setRightPen()
> kpaint (kdegraphics): Tool::setRightBrush()
> kpaint: ERROR: KWidgetAction::plug: KWidgetAction must be plugged into
> KToolBar.
> kpaint: ERROR: KWidgetAction::plug: KWidgetAction must be plugged into
> KToolBar.
> kpaint: ERROR: KWidgetAction::plug: KWidgetAction must be plugged into
> KToolBar.
> kpaint: ERROR: KWidgetAction::plug: KWidgetAction must be plugged into
> KToolBar.
> kpaint: ERROR: KWidgetAction::plug: KWidgetAction must be plugged into
> KToolBar.
> kpaint: ERROR: KWidgetAction::plug: KWidgetAction must be plugged into
> KToolBar.
> kpaint: ERROR: KWidgetAction::plug: KWidgetAction must be plugged into
> KToolBar.
> kpaint: ERROR: KWidgetAction::plug: KWidgetAction must be plugged into
> KToolBar.
> kpaint: ERROR: KWidgetAction::plug: KWidgetAction must be plugged into
> KToolBar.
> kpaint: kpaint: clipboard has image: false
> kpaint (kdegraphics): File New
> kpaint (kdegraphics): Here we can implement a tool properties dialoge!
> kpaint (kdegraphics):

SOLVED. After fixing the kpaintui.rc file it works. O.K. now I have
created KRadioActions for the tool-menu and QWisgetActions for the
tool-toolbar and I connected the necessary signals and slots to keep
them consistent. Everything works perfect now. Now I have the
possibility to double-click on an toolbar-Item and get the config
dialog. Untill now, no double-click is required, it is also possible
to single-click two times (seperated by an abitrary amount of
time). Maybe I change this, I am not sure (Karbon does it like
this, Gimp recognizes only double-clicks). Is there a way to get the
double-click time from KDE Controll center? I think if I make my
toolbar double-click aware, it should use the double click values from
KDE controllcenter.

Next I have to change the way the menu- and toolbar images are
handled. In the old code, KRadioAction gets the iconname, this will
obviously not work with KWidgetAction. I have to pass QPixmap-objects
instead of the name of the icon. Then I will change all icons to the
Karbon Icons and paint the rest of them. Next step would then be to
get the tool property dialogs working, which (I hope) is not to
complicated. After finishing this, I would like to implement some new
tools (A polygon tool and a star tool comes to mind).

Thereafter I will maybe look at some larger changes, maybe a new
canvas which is better sweated for a fill tool. Maybe I will have a
look at krita to see how they do it, then.

Take care,
Michael
--
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.