List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] request for review - apidox for kdelibs/kdeui (long)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-09-09 1:20:08

Sorry to having made a confusion! It is the other way round. Of course, you
define KDE_NO_COMPAT in a program only when you do *not* want compatibility.
You make sure that it is not defined if you want compatibility to the previous
major version.

So the problem with KOffice was that it was compiled with KDE_NO_COMPAT and
somebody had put some functions that it needed depending on #ifndef
KDE_NO_COMPAT, which of course broke KOffice.

I hope that this time I have stopped confusing you.

Have a nice day!