List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konquerer/khtml state
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-07 20:25:39

On Sunday 07 September 2003 12:17, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Sunday 07 September 2003 16:36, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Sunday 07 September 2003 10:22, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > > I would gladly disable it, if you could tell me which button to press?
> > > I searched through whole kcontrol, "save passwords" is disabled...
> >
> >   Install kdeutils and then disable kwallet with the kwallet kcm.
>
> Sorry, thats not an option (no space on my disk) if this is a feature of
> kde[libs|base] this should imho be configurable with this packages too...

  It is initially configurable there, but the tools are not necessary in
general.  On first use, a wizard is shown that asks you what your preferences
are and if you want it enabled or not.  To tools are indeed utilities, and I
think they belong in kdeutils.  They are rather tightly bound with the config
module, which is why they are there together.  If you want something
minimally functional, kdelibs is sufficient.  If you want to tools, kdeutils
is your friend.

  If there is huge objection, it can be moved, but I hate to fill up kdebase
with things that aren't needed there.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/