List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kmailrc and kontact
From:       Amir Tal <tal () whatsup ! org ! il>
Date:       2003-09-04 13:37:58

hi,

just finished installing a fresh copy of cvs-snapshot on my debian sid.
everything works very well (and a lot faster, i may add) except one thing :
when running Kontact, i have 2 problems :

1) it overides my ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc , and when i start kmail (stand
alone) it will load with only the mail folders on the side, no preview pane
and no message list pane.
2) when switching to the korganizer module in Kontact, there is no way to go
back to the mail module (or any other module for that matter) except editing
~/.kde/share/config/kontactrc manually and change to "ActivePlugin=mails"
manually..

are those known problems ?

also, is there a way to load my mail filters from my old kmailrc in some way
(except editing the existing file and adding them myself) ?
we are talking about more then 30 rules, and for some reason, KMail will crush
if i will try to load it with the old config file (kde 3.1.3)

thanks,
tal.