List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Looking for developers
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-08-31 16:36:34

Stefano Borini wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm the (only) developer of kmonodim, an educational application for
> chemical physics courses. Right now, i released a long suffered v2
> release, but the time for a v3 release is coming in my mind.
> Unfortunately, for the features i planned, it needs a complete
> refactoring, at least in the class layout, and other heavy code
> improvements.
> My knowledge and skills are not enough in this case, so i'm looking for
> someone interested joining this project.
>
> You can find the current v2 version here
>
> http://members.ferrara.linux.it/munehiro/kmonodim/
>
> I have free access to a cvs and mailing list on my LUG user account
> space, and also i wrote a small report about the features i'd like to
> have in kmonodim3.

I noticed that you are using Richardson extrapolation.

This reminds me that I promised: larrosa@kde.org that I would explain this
to him.  No, I didn't forget, I just didn't get it done.

Any who, my question is do you know of a web source that explains this?

What I always did was use: h/n where n was 1, 2, 4, & 8 then used linear
regression to fit it to:

	I = m*(1/n) + b

and use b for the value of I for that step (which corresponds n going to
infinity).  But, a more rigorous explanation would be nice.

--
JRT