List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] added a clear-button to minicli
From:       Christian Mueller <cmueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-08-31 9:19:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Sonntag, 31. August 2003 10:29 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Sunday 31 August 2003 02:01, Martin Koller wrote:
> > And one could argue, why you then have such a button in konqueror.
>
> as i described in my initial email, that's because konqi's location bar is
> not transient. that said, i'd just as soon see it removed there as well.

Please don't.  I think there is a difference.
IMHO People very seldom paste to the Alt-F2 box.
For pasting operations the button is very convenient.

My typical pattern of use of konqi's location bar is:

- Highlighting a URL with the mouse (from some text, a konqi window, ...)
- Clearing the location bar using that clear button
- Pasting using the MMB
- Hitting that big Enter button to submit

Steps 1-3 are done using the mouse.

Removing that button would mean:

- Highlighting a URL with the mouse
- Clearing the location bar by
  - Left clicking the correct position
  - Pressing Ctrl-U or Ctrl-K (here I'd have to change to the keyboard)
- Pasting using the MMB (here I'd have to change back to the mouse)
- Hitting that big Enter button to submit

Or did I miss something?
(But then that would probably happen to other people, too)

Christian.